“Smack Away”

Even terms in ping pong have changed to become
“politically correct”.   In the day, when a player hit a ball with tremendous velocity that an opponent was unlikely to return, we would say he “smashed” it or he “killed” it.  But now those cable-TV play-by-play announcers wil describe high-velocity hits as “smack aways”.      I’m going to be practicing to improve my skills at “smack aways” or is it “smacks away”?


2 Responses to ““Smack Away””

  1. bailey Says:

    I am not sure what you call those shots you were hitting today. How about unreturnables!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: